Sunday 29 April 2012

Newspaper Nails by Nessie


After seeing this on the internet, I was dying to have a go for myself! ..... And, it wasn't too difficult, to be honest. I used Mavala 'Geneve' (Shade 22) for the base and let that really dry first. They say you are meant to use Rubbing Alcohol for the next stage, but I didn't as I found out it's quite pricey in the chemist. Instead, I used vodka and it seemed to do the trick ok :)
  • Apply a white-ish polish to your nails and let thoroughly dry.
  • Pour a little vodka in to a small dish/bowl (you only need a little!)
  • Get your little piece of newspaper and dip it in to the vodka for 2 or 3 seconds.
  • Next, carefully place the newspaper on your nail, and press down firmly for about 10 seconds - please ensure that you don't move the newspaper in any way while you're holding it down for the 10 seconds. 
  • Now, gently peel off the newspaper and.... Voila! You should see the design has transferred! 
  • To seal your design, apply some topcoat, using as few strokes as possible - to avoid 'pulling' the letters, if that makes sense! 
As you can see from the picture, my top coat messed up the letters a bit. Next time I try it, I'll be gentler!

No comments:

Post a Comment